Snyder Environmental is looking for a Construction Safety Manager to help maintain safe work practices and procedures throughout our growing company. Snyder provides high-quality environmental remediation services throughout Arkansas and surrounding states. This role will support our project supervisors and operations team with clearly defined health and safety policies and procedures. The ideal candidate is an experienced Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) with CFR 1926 experience specific to asbestos abatement, lead paint removal, and mold remediation. This candidate should have recent OSHA qualifications to include OSHA 40-HAZWOPER and Train the Trainer credentials.
- Provide construction safety oversight for abatement, decontamination, renovation, remediation, hazard/regulated materials assessment and mitigation, demolition, and related projects.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans according to legal guidelines, state regulations and/or OSHA
- Conduct detailed site safety and health inspections, observing the work for hazards, risks, and safety violations and evaluating construction job sites for hazards not previously identified or adequately controlled.
- Manage and provide training to field staff on all aspects of construction hazards (fall prevention, PPE, equipment conditions, etc.)
- Implement company-wide loss-control strategies and programs
- Investigate accidents and prepare all relative paperwork/forms for workers’ compensation and/or OSHA
- 5+ years of experience as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- OSHA 40-HAZWOPER certified and Train the Trainer credentials
- 5+ years of experience working as a safety professional in the construction industry
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Safety, regulatory and OSHA oversight experience
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly desirable
IT Skills: MS Office 365, Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off